Kooperation zwischen der PRO-FUN MEDIA GmbH und THE FILM COLLABORATIVE (TFC)
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, liebe Freunde & Kollegen,
wir freuen uns sehr, Sie heute über die auf dem 65. Cannes Filmfest eingegangene Kooperation zwischen der PRO-FUN MEDIA GmbH und THE FILM COLLABORATIVE (TFC) informieren zu können.
Natürlich möchten wir Ihnen die offizielle Verlautbarung von THE FILM COLLABORATIVE (TFC) hierzu nicht vorenthalten:
The Film Collaborative (TFC) is proud to announce what it considers a robust, pro-filmmaker distribution solution via its LGBT initiative "FestSelects". The concept behind it is to recognize the value in streamlining distribution worldwide for a select class of films that have risen to the top on the festival circuit within a given programming sector. In this case, TFC is positioning top LGBT appealing films with what it considers the best distribution partners in their respective territories. The entities presently committed are: Peccadillo Pictures (UK), Outplay (France), PRO-FUN MEDIA (Germany), ABC/Cinemien (Benelux/Netherlands). TFC has previously worked with these distributors as all have been involved in the distribution of last year's critically acclaimed WEEKEND.
The objective is to save on the uprising costs involved in sales and distribution. A film's release will be more effective and more lucrative by having a coordinated transatlantic strategy, shared materials, and a universal street date (or close to it) to minimize cross border piracy and maximize public awareness of a film.
The initiative will include DIY distribution and the distribution deals will always be between producer / rights holder and the distribution partner. Costs will be carefully capped and the respective distributors will partner with other organizations and media partners in service of the releases.
TFC will work with its partners in North America and filmmakers will be free to choose as they see fit. Additional territories will be added in the coming months. In all cases, the filmmakers will be allowed to sell off their own website. The initiative will utilize DIY digital distribution service Distrify, among other tools and platforms.
- THE FILM COLLABORATIVE is the first non-profit committed to distribution education and facilitation of independent film. Launched in early 2010, TFC offers independent filmmakers a full range of education about distribution, distribution services, and marketing services including sales representation, service theatrical releases, hybrid distribution, grassroots marketing, traditional marketing, digital aggregation, distribution consultation, and contract consultation. Since its launch, TFC has already provided its services to more than 150 independent films, including Andrew Haigh's WEEKEND, Kirby Dick's THE INVISIBLE WAR, Jeffrey Schwarz's VITO, Musa Syeed's VALLEY OF SAINTS, Jennifer Arnold's A SMALL ACT, Javier Fuentes' UNDERTOW, Aurora Guerrero's MOSQUITA Y MARI, and many others. In 2011, The Film Collaborative released its book SELLING YOUR FILM WITHOUT SELLING YOUR SOUL. For more information go to www.sellingyourfilm.com. For more on The Film Collaborative, go to www.thefilmcollaborative.org
- PRO-FUN MEDIA GmbH was founded in 1993 in order to acquire and distribute special interest films aimed at the theatrical, video, digital and television broadcast marketplace in German speaking territories and has also established itself as a leading distributor of gay & lesbian cinema in these territories.
- PECCADILLO PICTURES is one of the UK's most recognised distributors of Art House, Gay & Lesbian and world cinema titles with an impressive collection of films from across the world. Launched in 2000, Peccadillo nurtures new and upcoming talent alongside established directors. In addition, Peccadillo Pictures also distributes short films and re-releases of classic titles. As well as bringing an array of films to cinemas across the UK and Ireland, Peccadillo provides film viewing on a variety of platforms, from online, video on demand, iTunes, Blu-ray and DVD.
- CINEMIEN/ ABC-Distribution is an independent distribution company existing since 1974. We acquire all rights for Benelux. For already 35 years we release our cherished films in cinema's throughout the Benelux. Homescreen is our own DVD-label en we also have our own VOD portal, Cinemalink.tv. Our main office is based in Amsterdam, our Belgium office is in Antwerp. Current and up-coming releases are: Terraferma, Dans la Maison, A Simple Life, The Story of Film, Io e Te, Laurence Anyways and Lore by Cate Shortland.
- OUTPLAY was founded in 2009 and has already become a name in the distribution industry, focusing on arthouse films with gay & lesbian content. Outplay aims to provide its films on : theatrical, DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital and TV broadcast for France and French-speaking territories (Luxembourg, Belgium and Switzerland).